Skip to content

Police Go On The Hunt For Parents After Child’s Autopsy Results Come Back

  • 4 min read

Police Go On The Hunt For Parents After Child’s Autopsy Results Come Back

Accidents happen all the time, but when it results in the death of the child, no matter how morbid it sounds the prime suspect would always be the parents.

A 23-month-old girl, Paisley Hudson died on July 28 from multiple blunt force injury as well as two liver lacerations that caused stomach bleeding. Aside from that, the child also suffered from a skull fracture and multiple bruises. The coroner shared with People that it took them two hours to count all the bruises on the child’s’ tiny body.

Kayla Hudson, Paisley’s mom claims that she found her daughter ‘cold and lifeless’ in their motel bed that morning. However, Hudson didn’t call 911. Instead, she attempted CPR and put Paisley in a tub of hot water to try to revive her. When her efforts didn’t work, this is when she decided to bring the child to the hospital where she was declared dead.

Because of what happened to the poor child, Ryan Ramirez, Kayla’s boyfriend was charged with felony neglect of a dependent resulting in death.

During the interrogation, the couple gave different information to the police about the time leading to the child’s’ death. According to Ramirez, he and paisley went to the Buffalo Wild Wings where her mom is working to pick her up. They then returned to the Red Roof Inn where they were staying at.

The court documents revealed that Ramirez claimed that he changed the child’s diaper and put her in her playpen as soon as they arrived. The couple then watched TV until he checked on the child again at three o’clock in the morning. Between 5AM and 6AM, Hudson reportedly woke up and this is when she found her child cold and unresponsive.

Hudson told the court that he had nothing to do with her daughters’ death. Her own version of the story was that she went to Walmart after they arrived back at the motel to buy supplies so that she can hide the bruises on Paisley’s three-year-old brother, Riley.

Later that night, they went out again to get food and cigarettes before they returned to watch TV and check on Paisley around six o’clock in the morning.

Even though Hudson claims that she was not involved in the death of her daughter, if convicted of the neglect charge, she could face up to 40 years in prison. Ramirez, on the other hand, could be sentenced up to 65 years in prison if he will be convicted of the Paisley’s murder. Other than that, he could also face up to 16 years in prison for the neglect charges.

Those who read about the story on Daily Mail were devasted about what happened to Paisley. One commenter wrote, “There is a special place in hell for those who abuse children. ” Another commenter said, And this is exactly why I’m all for the death penalty. People like that don’t deserve life, they’re not human in my eyes, therefore, they shouldn’t be treated like one.

Anyone who does that to children makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. That little baby girl was as innocent as innocence can get and all she could do was sit there in agony and take the abuse of what these monsters did to her. RIP little angel. ”

Being a parent is a huge responsibility. Paisley Hudson clearly didn’t have the kind of parents that she rightfully deserves.